Week One {As a Family of Four}

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Stella's a week old today, so I thought I'd give yall a little update on how life is going as a family of four. 

Stella is a champion eater! She came into the world knowing how to nurse, which makes this mamas job a little easier. 

We're currently working on sleeping at night. I've been getting, on average, 4 hours of sleep at night, which is not cutting it. She's great at sleeping during the day; there are times I can't even wake her to eat. And believe me, it's not quiet around here. She'll also sleep anywhere during the day, but at night she prefers to be with mama. 
 
 As I said before I'm breastfeeding, just like I did with Wyatt. Knock on wood, I haven't gotten mastitis...yet. I'm really swollen and sore but making it.

Wyatt has decided the last two days that 40 minute naps are acceptable, I had to remind him that they're not. Hoping it's just coincidence and not a new trend. 
Hormones?? Yea, they're out of whack. Yesterday was by far my "lowest" day. There were lots of tears and lots of How am I going to do this on my own?? Thankfully mom is coming tomorrow so I get one more week of practice before I'm solo.
 
Wyatt is in absolute awe of his little sister.  And so far there haven't been in jealous-like actions. Even during his biggest temper tantrum of the week he didn't try to pull on her or try to get rid of her. 
Sean has been amazing this week. He's running on about as much sleep as I am, and still has managed to run Wyatt around and work on the house. 

So, to sum it all up, we're all alive and well. The kids are doing amazing, and, well, we parents are completely exhausted...but very happy...most of the time.