Tuesday Talk: Our Love Story

Tuesday, February 9, 2016


I'm joining Beth, and the other hostesses, for Tuesday Talk. Today is all about Love Stories and I really couldn't pass up a chance to share ours! We have been together for 15 years this fall, so I tried to consolidate as much as possible.


Our love story stared in August of 2001. It was the first day of my sophomore year, first year in high school, and I was all full of jitters. I walked into my 3rd hour class, Journalism with Mrs. White. As I walked into the classroom I was greeted with a, "What's up guurl?", by some guy I'd never met, or even seen before.


Over the course of the next month I slowly got to know this guy (who was a Senior and really did not want to be in that Journalism class) and his name was Sean. He was a bit of a troublemaker and was always causing a scene and making our class laugh.


September 28, 2001 was our first "date". We met at our high school football game that Friday night and then went for pizza with two of his friends. We became "official" boyfriend & girlfriend on October 5, 2001, and were pretty inseparable from that point on.

One of our first pictures together--December 2001

In 2008 we took a 2 week trip out West through New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, and South Dakota. On our first night at The Grand Canyon Sean proposed to me, and of course, I said yes. 

 In May of 2009 we both graduated with our Master's Degrees.


And about 3 weeks later, June 6, 2009, we were finally married!


Our two greatest achievements came in the form of our children. Wyatt was born on April 26, 2013. And we were surprised in February of 2014 to learn that we were pregnant again; Stella was born later that year on October 11. 



We have pretty much done everything together in the last 14.5 years, and we've had a lot of fun doing it!

 We attended three proms together.
Sean's senior prom in 2002, my junior prom in 2003, and my senior prom in 2004.

 We have celebrated Halloweens together.





We have attended a ton of concerts.
All American Rejects--2003

Linkin Park--2004

Nine Inch Nails--2006

Justin Timberlake--2007

Brad Paisley--2008

Luke Bryan--2012
???--2013 (Wyatt's 1st Concert)
Deftones & Incubus--2015

We have traveled together...a lot. From Texas to Illinois, Vancouver to Florida, we've seen a lot!


Honeymooon--Cumberland Island--2009

Chicago--July 2015
Vancouver & Seattle--June/July 2011
Atlanta--April 2012
Perdido Key--July 2012
And lots & lots & lots & lots of trips to visit family!!


We've also spent the past 7 years working on our home. From small room renovations to a 700 sq.ft. addition, which included a den and master suite. 






We have encountered a lot of highs and a lot of lows in the years we have been together, but I would not change a thing about our love story. I can't wait to see what else God has planned for our love story in the future.